Saturday, August 8, 2009

Du beurre, du beurre, et encore du beurre

This is a quote from Auguste Escoffier, author of Ma Cuisine and deemed 'king of chefs and chef of kings', on the essence of French cookery. I have taken it myself from Michael Booth's book Sacre Cordon Bleu: what the French know about cooking.

I have included this post as a gesture of thanks and a nod of recognition to the best chef (and francophile) I was lucky enough to work with for over a year and whose skills will hopefully now, at long long last, be put to good use.

Yesterday was, I believe, his final shift and after over two and a half years of fine service to an unappreciative enterprise, I'd like to say that tonight, Mike, I will be toasting a glass of red wine to you. Sante! Bon chance and huge thanks for the book, I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment